While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain Personally-Identifiable Information (“PII”) that can be used to contact or identify you. PII may include, but is not limited to, your email address, name, phone number, postal address, and other information.
Consent and Modification
What Personal Identifiable Information We Collect and How We Collect It.
We receive and/or collect Personal Identifiable Information from you in the following ways:
- Account. The Service may offer you the opportunity to create an account (“Account”). If you create an Account you will be required to provide us with certain information such as your name and email address as well as a password that you will use for your Account (“Account Information”). You may also choose to provide additional Personal Identifiable Information as part of the Account registration process and in connection with your ongoing use of your Account. The Personal Identifiable Information you provide in connection with your Account will be used to validate your identity. For example, we may send a text message to your mobile phone to verify your phone number or an e-mail to your e-mail address to verify that address. If you choose to not create an Account, you may not be able to access certain features of the Services.
- ‘Contact Us’ Information. If you send us a feedback form or a “Contact Us” request, whether by submitting an online form that we make available on the Service or by sending an email to an email address that we display on the Service, you may be required to provide us with certain information such as your name and email address.
- Favorite Routes. The Service enables you to enter and save the address of certain locations, such as your home or office address and to provide a shorthand title for such locations, in order to enable you to more quickly enter such locations into the Service during later use.
- Location Data. We may provide certain location-based services (“Location Services”) in connection with the App that are dependent on data related to the geographic location of your mobile device on which the App is installed (“Location Data”). If you choose to participate in these Location Services, you agree that we may collect or obtain Location Data from your mobile device. You should be able to use the settings on your mobile device to turn off location-sharing features.
- Log Files. The Service may make use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, clicked pages and any other information your browser may send to us. We may use such information to analyze trends, administer the Service, track users’ movement around the Service, and gather demographic information.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. The Service may utilize “cookies” and other tracking technologies. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about Service activity. Certain cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information, such as an IP address, previously indicated by an App user. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser.
- Mobile Device Data. We may collect limited information from your mobile device in order to provide the App. Such information may include your mobile device type, mobile device id, date and time stamps of App use, contacts, and calendar information. In addition, we may deploy tracking technologies within the App to help us gather aggregate statistics, but we will not use Personal Identifiable Information for such purposes.
The Way We Use Personal Identifiable Information
If you submit or if we collect PII through the Service, then such PII may be used in the following ways:
- We may use your Personal Identifiable Information to provide and improve our Service and to identify and authenticate your access to the parts of the Service that you are authorized to access. By using your Personal Identifiable Information, we can segment and create more accurate and customized experience that is suitable for your needs.
- We may disclose or use your Personal Identifiable Information or any information you submitted via the Service if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our EULA, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; and (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Roam, our users, yourself or the public.
Use of Non-Personal Information
We may collect Non-Personal Identifiable Information in order to provide and operate the Service, including for statistical and research purposes; to enable us to further develop, customize and improve the Service based on users’ common preferences and uses; to create and provide our business partners and affiliates with aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred Non-Personal Information. We may also disclose Non-Personal Identifiable Information (with or without compensation) to third parties, including advertisers and partners. We are not aware of the identity of the user from which the Non-Personal Identifiable Information was collected.
At all times, you may choose whether or not to provide or disclose Personal Identifiable Information to us. If you choose not to provide mandatory Personal Information, you may still visit parts of the Service but you may be unable to access certain options, programs, offers, and services that involve our interaction with you.
The security of Personal Identifiable Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards, including the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to protect the Personal Identifiable Information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security or confidentiality. If you have any questions about security on the Service, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Merger, Sale or Bankruptcy
In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer or assign Personal Identifiable Information in connection with the foregoing events.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Identifiable Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
We do not track consumers over time and across third party websites, and therefore do not respond to Do Not Track signals.
We do not allow third parties to collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different web sites when a consumer uses the Site.
To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Identifiable Information in your Account, we wish to maintain accurate Personal Information. If you would like to delete or correct any of your Personal Identifiable Information that we may be storing, you may submit an access request by sending an email firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should include adequate details of your request.
Last updated: April 2018