Roam Vancouver: End User License Agreement
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY BEFORE INSTALLING AND/OR USING THE APP.
The App is a navigation application intended to offer curated walking experiences, offering step by step navigation through curated walking routes, with the ability to customize the route searching for places to visit and things to do along the way that fit your mood and real time needs.
1. Ability to Accept
By installing the App you affirm that you are over thirteen (13) years of age. If you are between the age of thirteen (13) and eighteen (18) years then, prior to installing the App, you must first review this Agreement with your parent or guardian to make sure that you and your parent or guardian understand its terms and conditions and agree to them.
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, we hereby grant you a personal, revocable, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-assignable, non-transferable license (“License”) to: (i) download, install and use the App on a mobile telephone, tablet or device (each a ” Device”) that you own or control; and (ii) access and use the App on that Device in accordance with this Agreement and any applicable Usage Rules (defined below).
3. License Restrictions
You agree not to, and shall not permit any third party to: (i) sublicense, redistribute, sell, lease, lend or rent the App; (ii) make the App available over a network where it could be used by multiple devices owned or operated by different people at the same time; (iii) disassemble, reverse engineer, decompile, decrypt, or attempt to derive the source code of, the App; (iv) copy (except for back-up purposes), modify, improve, or create derivative works of the App or any part thereof; (v) circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the App or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or that enforce limitations on use of the App; (vi) remove, alter or obscure any proprietary notice or identification, including copyright, trademark, patent or other notices, contained in or displayed on or via the App; (vii) use any communications systems provided by the App to send unauthorized and/or unsolicited commercial communications; (viii) use the Roam name, logo or trademarks without our prior written consent; and/or (ix) use the App to violate any applicable laws, rules or regulations, or for any unlawful, harmful, irresponsible, or inappropriate purpose, or in any manner that breaches this Agreement.
In order to use some of the App features you may have to create or use an account (an “Account”). If you create an Account, you must provide accurate and complete information for yourself. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs in your Account, and you must keep your Account password secure. You must notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your Account.
5. Usage Rules
If you are downloading the App from a third party mobile device platform or service provider (“Distributor”), such as Apple’s iTunes App Store, please be aware that the Distributor may have established usage rules which also govern your use of the App (“Usage Rules “). We specifically refer to Apple’s Usage Rules below in the section entitled ‘Distributor Requirements and Usage Rules’, but other Usage Rules may be applicable depending on where the App has been downloaded from.
You acknowledge that, prior to downloading the App from a Distributor, you have had the opportunity to review and understand, and will comply with, its Usage Rules. The Usage Rules that are applicable to your use of the App are incorporated into this Agreement by this reference. You represent that you are not prohibited by any applicable Usage Rules and/or applicable law from using the App; if you are unable to make such a representation you are prohibited from installing and/or using the App.
6. Location Data
7. Use of the App in a Vehicle
The App is not intended for use in a vehicle. If you use the App in a vehicle, you agree: (i) to comply with all applicable traffic laws; and (ii) if you are the driver, not to use the App unless your vehicle is stationary and legally parked.
8. Third Party Sources and Content.
- The App enables you to view, access, link to, and use content from Third Party Sources (defined below) that are not owned or controlled by us (“Third Party Content”). The App may also enable you to communicate and interact with Third Party Sources. ” Third Party Source(s)” means: (i) third party websites and services; and (ii) our partners and customers.
- We are not responsible for, and we expressly disclaim all warranties regarding, the accuracy, appropriateness, usefulness, safety, or Intellectual Property Rights (defined below) of, or relating to, any Third Party Content.
- We do not endorse any advertising, promotions, campaigns, products, services or other materials that are included in any Third Party Content or that are communicated to you from a Third Party Source.
- By using the App you may be exposed to Third Party Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable. You always have the choice of deciding whether or not to interact with a Third Party Source or to view and use Third Party Content. Your interaction with a Third Party Source and your use of, and reliance upon, any Third Party Content is at your sole discretion and risk.
- You are solely responsible and liable for your interaction with a Third Party Source. You agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you may have against Roam, and release Roam from any and all liability, arising from your use of and interaction on any Third Party Content and from your interaction with any Third Party Source. If you have any query or complaint regarding a Third Party Source or any Third Party Content, you agree to contact the Third Party Source directly.
9. Intellectual Property Rights
The App is licensed and not sold to you under this Agreement and you acknowledge that Roam and its licensors retain all title, ownership rights and Intellectual Property Rights (defined below) in and to the App (and its related software).
We reserve all rights not expressly granted herein to the App. “Intellectual Property Rights” means any and all rights in and to any and all trade secrets, patents, copyrights, service marks, trademarks, know-how, or similar intellectual property rights, as well as any and all moral rights, rights of privacy, publicity and similar rights of any type under the laws or regulations of any governmental, regulatory, or judicial authority, whether foreign or domestic.
The content on the App, including without limitation, the text, information, documents, descriptions, products, software, graphics, photos, sounds, videos, interactive features, and services (the “Materials”), and the User Submissions (defined below), and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein (“Marks”, and together with the Materials and User Submissions, the ” Content”), is the property of Roam and/or its licensors and may be protected by applicable copyright or other intellectual property laws and treaties. “Roam” and the Roam logo are Marks of Roam and its affiliates. All other Marks used on the App are the trademarks, service marks, or logos of their respective owners.
c. Use of Content
The content on the App is provided to you “as is” for your personal use only and may not be used, copied, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, de-compiled, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without our prior written consent. If you download or print a copy of the content you must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained therein.
d. Copyright and Content Policy
It is Roam’s policy to respect the legitimate rights of copyright and other intellectual property owners, and we will respond to clear notices of alleged copyright infringement.
e. Third Party Software and Services
Portions of the App may include or make use of third party software and services, including Apple Maps and third party open source software, that are subject to third party terms and conditions (“Third Party Terms”).
The App will access and use the Google Mobile Maps (GMM) service, which is subject to Google’s Terms of Service, available at http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/terms/
By using the App you hereby agree to the foregoing Third Party Terms as may be applicable to you based on the version of iOS running on your device. If there is a conflict between any Third Party Terms and the terms of this Agreement, then the Third Party Terms shall prevail but solely in connection with the related third party software and services.
License granted hereunder is currently for free, however, we may in the future charge a fee for certain features and/or uses. You will not be charged for any such uses of the App unless you first agree to such charges, but please be aware that any failure to pay applicable charges may result in your not having access to some or all of the App.
Please be aware that your use of the App may require and utilize internet connection or data access. To the extent that third party service provider or carrier charges for your internet or data usage are applicable, you agree to be solely responsible for those charges.
11. Safety and Information Description
The App uses various data sources to suggest curated walking routes for you. We attempt to be as accurate as possible. However, WE CANNOT AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT the Content available on the App, including but not limited to the maps, safety conditions, walking directions, or navigation routes presented or displayed in the App, IS accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free.
For instance, existing roads may be missing from the map; sidewalks or crosswalks may be missing or blocked; users may submit faulty or inaccurate Content or reports, information presented by the App may not be updated.
You acknowledge that the information provided by the App is not intended to replace the information presented in road or street signs, traffic lights, police or law enforcement officials, or other municipal, state, federal or other government officials (“Road Signs”), or other information available to you.
In the event that the information presented by the App differs from the information presented in Road Signs, follow the Road Signs. If you deviate from Road Signs or ignore other information available to you, you do so at your own risk. We reserve the right to make changes in or to the Content, or any part thereof without the requirement of giving you any notice prior to or after making such changes to the Content.
Please also be aware that certain personal identifiable information and other information provided by you in connection with your use of the App may be stored on your Device (even if we do not collect that information). You are solely responsible for maintaining the security of your Device from unauthorized access.
13. Warranty Disclaimers
- THE APP IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND THOSE ARISING BY STATUTE OR FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE.
- WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE APP WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE, THAT THE APP IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE OR THAT WE WILL CORRECT ANY ERRORS IN THE APP. YOU AGREE THAT WE WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENCES TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY THAT MAY RESULT FROM TECHNICAL PROBLEMS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IN CONNECTION WITH THE INTERNET (SUCH AS SLOW CONNECTIONS, TRAFFIC CONGESTION OR OVERLOAD OF OUR OR OTHER SERVERS) OR ANY TELECOMMUNICATIONS OR INTERNET PROVIDERS
- WITHOUT DEROGATION FROM THE DISCLAIMERS SET FORTH IN THE TERMS, YOUR USE OF THIS REAL TIME ROUTE GUIDANCE APPLICATION IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. LOCATION DATA MAY NOT BE ACCURATE. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE ROUTES SUGGESTED BY THE APP ARE THE SAFEST POSSIBLE ROUTES OR ARE SAFE FOR YOU. YOU MUST FOLLOW ROAD SIGNS AND USE ALL INFORMATION AVAILABLE TO DETERMINE WHAT IS OR IS NOT SAFE FOR YOU. YOU AGREE THAT WE WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURY YOU MAY SUFFER WHILE TRAVELING A ROUTE SUGGESTED BY THE APP.
- IF YOU HAVE A DISPUTE WITH ANY OTHER APP USER, YOU AGREE THAT WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIMS OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH SUCH A DISPUTE. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT, BUT HAVE NO OBLIGATION, TO MONITOR ANY SUCH DISPUTE.
- APPLICATION LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SO TO THAT EXTENT SUCH EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY.
14. Limitation of Liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL ROAM BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY LOSS OF DATA, REVENUE, BUSINESS OR REPUTATION, THAT ARISES UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, OR THAT RESULTS FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE APP.
IN ANY EVENT, ROAM’S TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ALL DAMAGES AND LOSSES THAT ARISE UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, OR THAT RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE APP, SHALL NOT IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNTS, IF ANY, ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU TO ROAM FOR USING THE APP WITHIN THE THREE (3) MONTHS PRECEDING THE DATE OF BRINGING A CLAIM.
THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS IN THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY: (i) EVEN IF ROAM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES; (ii) EVEN IF ANY REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE; AND (iii) REGARDLESS OF THE BASIS OR THEORY OF LIABILITY.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless ROAM and our affiliates, and our respective officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from: (i) your use of, or inability to use, the App; (ii) your violation of this Agreement; and (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right. Without derogating from or excusing your obligations under this section, we reserve the right (at your own expense), but are not under any obligation, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter which is subject to an indemnification by you if you choose not to defend or settle it. You agree not to settle any matter subject to an indemnification by you without first obtaining our express approval.
16. Export Laws
You agree to comply fully with all applicable export laws and regulations to ensure that neither the App nor any technical data related thereto are exported or re-exported directly or indirectly in violation of, or used for any purposes prohibited by, such laws and regulations.
17. Updates and Upgrades
We may from time to time provide updates or upgrades to the App (each a “Revision”), but are not under any obligation to do so. Such Revisions will be supplied according to our then-current policies, which may include automatic updating or upgrading without any additional notice to you. You consent to any such automatic updating or upgrading of the App. All references herein to the App shall include Revisions. This Agreement shall govern any Revisions that replace or supplement the original App, unless the Revision is accompanied by a separate license agreement which will govern the Revision.
18. Term and Termination
This Agreement is effective until terminated by us or you. We reserve the right, at any time and in our sole discretion, to: (i) discontinue or modify any aspect of the App; and/or (ii) terminate this Agreement and your use of the App with or without cause, and shall not be liable to you or any third party for any of the foregoing.
If you object to any term or condition of this Agreement or any subsequent modifications thereto, or become dissatisfied with the App in any way, your only recourse is to immediately discontinue use of the App.
Upon termination of this Agreement, you shall cease all use of the App. This Section and Section 9 (Intellectual Property Rights), 11 (Safety and Information Description), 12 (Privacy), 13 (Warranty Disclaimers ), 14 (Limitation of Liability), 15 (Indemnity), and 19 (Assignment) to 22 (General) shall survive termination of this Agreement.
This Agreement, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you but may be assigned by us without restriction or notification.
We reserve the right to modify this Agreement at any time by sending you an in-App notification and/or publishing the revised Agreement on the App. Such change will be effective ten (10) days following the foregoing notification thereof, and your continued use of the App thereafter means that you accept those changes.
21. Governing Law and Disputes
This Agreement and any disputes relating thereto shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of laws rules. You agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in the State of New York, and waive any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such courts. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may seek injunctive relief in any court of competent jurisdiction.
This Agreement, and any other legal notices published by us in connection with the App, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and Roam concerning the App. In the event of a conflict between this Agreement and any such legal notices, the terms of the applicable notice shall prevail with respect to the subject matter of such notice. No amendment to this Agreement will be binding unless in writing and signed by Roam. If any provision of this Agreement is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, (i) the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect and (ii) the invalid provision shall be substituted with a provision that most closely approximates the original legal and economic effect of the invalid provision. All section and sub-section headings used in this Agreement are for convenience only, and shall not be relied upon or used in interpreting this Agreement. No failure or delay in enforcing any right under this Agreement will be deemed a waiver of that right. No waiver of any term of this Agreement shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and a party’s failure to assert any right or provision under this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
YOU AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION THAT YOU MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE APP MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
23. Distributor Requirements and Usage Rules
If you download the App from the Apple, Inc. (“Apple”) App Store (or in any event if you download an Apple iOS App) then, without derogating from the warranty disclaimers and limitation of liability as set forth in the Agreement:
1. You acknowledge and agree that:
- this Agreement is concluded between Roam and you only, and not with Apple, and Roam and its licensors, and not Apple, are solely responsible for the App and the content thereof.
- your use of the App is also subject to the Usage Rules established by Apple, including those set forth in the Apple App Store Terms of Service, effective as of the date that you enter into this Agreement.
- The License granted herein is limited to a non-transferable right to use the App on an Apple iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, or other Apple-branded product that you own or control and that runs the iOS;
- Roam is solely responsible for providing any maintenance and support services with respect to the App, as specified in this Agreement, or as required under applicable law. Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the App;
- Roam is solely responsible for any product warranties, whether express or implied by law, to the extent not effectively disclaimed. In the event of any failure of the App to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple, and Apple will, to the extent applicable, refund any purchase price paid (if any) by you for the App to you. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App, and, any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be Roam’s sole responsibility;
- Roam, and not Apple, is responsible for addressing any product claims you, or any third party, may have relating to the App or your possession and/or use of the App, including, but not limited to: (a) product liability claims; (b) any claim that the App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (c) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation, including in connection with the App’s use of HealthKit and HomeKit frameworks;
- In the event of any third party claim that the App or your possession and use of the App infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, Apple shall not be responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim;
- Apple, and its subsidiaries, are third party beneficiaries of this Agreement, and that, upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce this Agreement against you as a third party beneficiary thereof.
2. You represent and warrant that: (a) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (b) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
3. If you have any questions, complaints, or claims regarding the App, please contact Roam at email@example.com
By entering into this Agreement you, to the extent legally permitted, hereby waive any applicable law requiring that this Agreement be localized to meet your language and other local requirements. To the extent that the foregoing is not permitted, you agree to be bound by the standard Apple Licensed Application End User License Agreement which is part of the Apple App Store Terms of Service, at www.apple.com/legal/itunes/us/terms.html#SERVICE (as amended from time to time).
Last updated: April 2018